Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Critique 7

First, I didn’t get a chance to post the final versions of my music department from last week’s Vox. So, here are the final versions below.
I also found images for the March 20th issue of Vox. Nothing too exciting there. They were all publicity stills.

I took up Becky’s Blue Note/Mojo’s offer and designed a poster for The Hipnecks concert at Mojo’s. During this process, I ended up designing a poster for the band of a family friend, also. It’s the second one below here. The photo is one I took a couple years ago on the trails by Hinkson Creek here in Columbia. I was glad to hear the band plans on using it.
This week I am working on covers for the March 20th issue. I will be designing that issue’s music department this weekend. I will also begin working on the logo designs for Columbia Home & Lifestyle.

3 comments:

becky sternberg. said...

I didn't realize that you had taken that photo, it's fantastic. I guess I just assumed it was a stock image you found somewhere. way to go mate.

you have a future in folk-rock posters. :)

Kaitlin said...

The typography on the band posters is really great. It definitely adds a great overall feel to your awesome picture.

lyndyoss said...

Nice job on the posters! I agree with Kaitlin, the typography looks really good. They seem to give good context to the feel of the bands' music. It's also really cool that you got to use a photo you took in the design!