Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Critique 10

This past week has been hectic for me. Design-wise, I completed my Living with Arthritis designs. I’m not really happy with them. I think the department I did could use some better images. The feature I worked on is much too boring right now. I wanted to make the first text column with the large I drop cap look like the black and white key of a piano, but I don’t that comes across on first glance. I guess I need to make it a little more obvious. Those designs are below.

Becky and I also did a preliminary design layout for the Living with Arthritis website. It also needs some reworking, plus the website will hopefully be wider than this letter-sized draft.

I also completed the design plan and storyboard for my final flash project, which was more work than I had imagined. Hopefully working that out now will help the rest of the process of creating it go smoother.

I’ve worked on the Arrow Rock book cover also. I’m not really that excited about the cover I designed. Here it is.

This coming week I will be finishing up my website, designing covers for the 4/24 issue of Vox and designing the music department for the 4/17 issue of Vox.

No comments: