I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s blogs. They are all now links to instant inspiration. Everyone had really interesting posts, but I was most captivated by Kirby’s link to “Layer Tennis.” I ended up spending a little too long on that website looking at the matches. I was impressed that these designers create these volleys in 15 minutes. It would take me longer than that to come up with ideas, let alone execute it. Brainstorming and not stopping after just a few ideas is something I would like to work on. As I said in my critique this week, I need to push myself to push the envelope and go beyond my safe comfort zone. My favorite match on the layer tennis website is the
December 7th match between Jason Koxvold and Bran Dougherty-Johnson. The volleys were clever, and how can you not like the happy tennis ball?

I also found this was a great way to see different designers’ styles. The designers range from graphic and bold to bright and cartoony, and everything in between. Here are a couple examples below.


If you didn’t check out Kirby’s
link before, you should now. Or wait till you have enough time because you’ll definitely want to look around.
No comments:
Post a Comment