Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Critique 4

Most of my design work this week has been on the True/False feature package. These are my completed first drafts. I wanted to keep the pages uncluttered, but still use elements, such as arrows, that related back to the old film/countdown leader concept.Anne and I have now merged our ideas and completed our second draft. The feature is now seven pages, so we moved our countdown leader to the splash page and extended the first feature story to two pages. I think this works really well. The splash page plus our border gives the whole feature a packaged feeling. Images of our splash page options and the rest of the feature spreads are below.This week I’ve also been working on getting art for the March 6th Vox music department and I’ve also been working on my website. Here’s an example of how I want it to look.

4 comments:

Andrea Guinn said...

Really nice work on the True/False spread! I like the black, film-photo-esque border.

becky sternberg. said...

i really like the first and the third splash page for true/false. i like the fuzziness of it, the grittiness and it seems to be lacking from the second, perhaps it is just how it appears on my computer screen.

Taryn said...

I like the amount of white space in your original design, but the final version is also pleasing. I said this on Anne's blog also, but it turned out great!

Cathryn D said...

my favorites splash for t/f is the untouched green one. i love how you incorporated the 5 with the movie theme and the festival's age. way to be content driven!