This week Publication Design had a post with a link to another design blog, Grain Edit, which posts mostly about design from the 1950s, 60s and 70s. From photos of the works of Dick Bruna (yes, I do own a Miffy key chain and I love it, Dick Bruna covers are above and Miffy is the first image below) to the influenced contemporary work of Mr. Mannun, this site has a variety of posts that can provide inspiration. I love the Mr. Mannun card they chose to post on their blog, see below. He’s also designed posters for bands, such as My Morning Jacket and Boy Least Likely To.



I must have hit the jackpot this week in finding Grain Edit. The blog also had a link to David Airey’s website, which has a list of what he considers to be the top 50 graphic design blogs. The ones we are covering for class are included, but there are several new ones to check out as well. Happy reading/viewing!
3 comments:
i like these eclectic style designs. that link is handy too. i really like to draw inspiration from posters and graphic designers.
I loved how the designer came up with an interesting way without being too literal (they're all designs for medical drugs). They're great!
Thanks for sharing the grain edit and Miffy (so cute!) links--great finds.
Post a Comment